When you become a parent everything changes. Thing’s that use to be a big part of your life take a back seat.
Here are my 5 things I have stopped “caring” since becoming a parent;
- Shaving! Yes, much to Mr D’s horror I can go months at a time without shaving my legs (and lady garden!!!) I shave my pits still, I mean I’m not a complete cavewoman. Shaving takes precious time that I just don’t have in the morning.
- Friend’s that don’t bother. When your pregnant or have children you really learn who your friends are. And you know what? It’s fine. As a parent you will also make new friends, friends that you have stuff in common with.
- Sleep. Yep, soon feeling like a Zombie will become the norm. I recommend investing in some decent make up to cover those bags.
- Privacy. Pretty much as soon as you are pregnant any privacy goes out the window. You have people looking and checking and rummaging around your neither regions during pregnancy and birth and strangers will see more of your lady parts during a 14 hour labour then your husband has for the last 4 years. You will never pee/poo/shower alone now either. Even changing a sanitary towel you are likely to have an audience. Try explaining to a 4 year old why you have a nappy on, in the toilets at McDonalds.
- What other people think. Everyone has a view or an opinion about how to raise your child. And you know what, everyone is entitled to their opinion, absolutely, but I don’t have to listen to it! I have realised that people without children always think they have the best advise and have the most to say. These are usually the people who will do the same things they have scrutinised you for!
So what have you stopping “caring” about since becoming a parent? I would love to hear from you.
Mummy Em x